Tuesday, July 05, 2005

 

Knight Scanning

(If anyone knows why blogger's image upload finishes with a blank window in no image, please let me know. Only links elsewhere seem to work.:-/ )

The difficulty of 2-ply Knight scanning.

I never realized that even a Knight in the center is unable to reach its full potential on a 8x8 board.

-=-=-=-=-

I found some book problems I forget to review. DOH! Someday I will finish these crazy circles and work on better scanning, endgames, and openings. Back to TCT...

-=-=-=-=-

TCT Results

Circle 1Circle 2
Step 197%99%
Step 293%*98%
Step 393%??%
Step 480%??%
Step 574%??%


Comments:
The difficulty of 2-ply Knight scanning.

He,he,he, now you know why my Knightscan is still "under construction"
 
BTW, I emailed Blogger about the picture-upload-problem.
 
I sometimes think the Knight at 2-ply is similar to a Bishop. Still, it just does not appear simple.
 
According to blogger, they solved the image upload problem
 
I do a 2 move Knight scan this way: Look at the shadow squares and «mark» them as unreachable. «Draw» a circle with 4 squares radius around the Knight. All remaining squares of same color as Knight in this circle are reachable in 2 moves. Of course there must be a safe path to each of them, but this is another story. Anyway, in an endgame with mostly empty board this is very useful.
 
Do you know the Sho Online Mun, in here you can get the Sho Mun. I know you will like Sho Online gold. because it is cheap Sho gold. I want you to buy the buy Sho Online gold.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?