Sunday, December 17, 2006

 

Circling Around Again

Years after I began it, I am approaching problem 800 in 1001 Better Ways to Checkmate (Wohoo!). I missed a mate in two and took five minutes to see a mate in one. I am consistently going for longer mates or missing crisscross attacks completely. *Sigh*

Although I still get in an occasional blitz game, it's only through blunders that I am in the 1300 range. I know playing lots of long games would help more, but in lieu of time considerations I am going to do a "holiday" 40 problem mini-circle out of medium difficulty checkmates from the book.


On a more upbeat note it is good to see so many interesting posts on other chess blogs including new Knights - I will add your links soon.

Comments:
Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?