Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

Appreciation

Black to Move

I have not done much with chess recently, but occasionally I get in a little blitz, checkmate problems, and some TCT review. Oh, also a couple of annotated games each month. It just isn't the same as when I was doing the circles, as my board vision is really poor now.

Although I enjoy blitz, I there isn't enough time to appreciate the endgame. I was White in this position and had not accurately calculated Black's options. I now think this is a nice little endgame problem, one path leading to a quick demise, another leading to chances.

Answer:[ ...a6! and now Black can meet b7 with ..Kc7]


Comments:
Nice problem! I quit to study endgames altogether in favour for middlegame study. I'm sure that improved middlegame play leads to more endgames. It will be easier to study endgames later when there is a need for it than to do it now because of the intellectual consideration that "it is good for me anyway". It's important that you can exercise on the board what you study.
 
good post; i study only middlegame tactics now and only simple endgame tactics (P+K vs K, P+K vs P+K, etc) since I don't encounter them that much.
 
I would play h3 here and then move my king to block if the g pawn moved to promote. that is how I would start out
 
a6 i mean.
 
It all looks so great!Buy RS Gold
 
Good dilemma! My spouse and i leave to Cheapest Diablo 3 goldstudy endgames altogether with favor pertaining to middlegame research. I'm sure that much better middlegame participate in leads to much more endgames. In other words to analyze endgames later on if you have an excuse for that than to do it as a result of intelligent concern of which "it is wonderfulCheap Diablo 3 gold for me anyway". It's important you can exercising around the board whatever you analyze.
 

Side of the archers attention to dispersed delicious ball 20% of the blood volume, there will be death bloom, wow gold hiding behind the pillar does not hurt, can arrange tanks / dark side of the ball, animal husbandry skills to eat the ball.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?