Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

You make the call

White to move: is Rfc1 strong?


hmmmmmm.........


If you said yes, don't feel bad because I did too! Lucky for me my opponent didn't see the interposing x-ray defense as in 1. Rfc1?? Nxg3 2. Rc8+ Re8!. This is exactly why I need to study tactics. Back to TCT...

-=-=-=-=-


I just finished the first game in the McDonald book and see why it's recommended. This is the second purely annotated games book I have read, and it would appear an excellent follow up to my first book which was Logical Chess, Move by Move. That was one of the first books I ever read on chess, which was several years ago. McDonald chose dynamic, tension filled games, and describes the plans and threats so that an intermediate player can readily understand. My games seem to contain shallow, half-semi-plans in comparison. I can see why so many people recommend going through Master games for improvement.

P.S. I decided to post more about the first annotated game in McDonald's book.

link


Ok. Here we go. At position I can see 26... Re7 27. Qa8+ Re8 28. Rd8 but then what?
[FEN "4rk2/2pR1prp/pq2b2N/1p6/8/2P2Q2/PP4PP/5R1K b - - 0 26"]


28...Rxg2 was the only thing I could come up with, awful though it appears. It turns out that the best line is 28...Bd7 29.Re1!, which was an eye opener. It would have been nice if he included that little extra bit as the text move is not stronger than this line.

-=-=-=-=-

TCT Results

Circle 1Circle 2Circle 3Circle 4
Step 197%99%99%100%r
Step 293%96%95%97%
Step 393%97%97%96%
Step 480%86%90%92%
Step 574%

77%

83%89%*


Comments:
Greetings!

Excellent blog here, that is the call that I am making! I enjoyed your online postings... keep up the good work!

Have a good one -Mr_Theory.
 
Hey Spill,

Believe it or not Dan Heisman uses
a position with the EXACT same theme
in two separate Chesscafe.com Novice Nook columns, so I recognized the trick.

Dan is the man.
 
It is strange. I just got Fine's "Ideas Behind the Chess Openings" in the mail just the other day. I am currently going through Chernev's "Logical Chess: Move by Move." Finally, I went through McDonald's book this past summer. So we are in the same book sphere. I have to say, after reading McDonald's book, Chernev's is a bit more simplistic. But going through these annotated games is a real joy. By the way, if you want the chess base file or pgn for McDonald's games, give me an email at discipledelamaza@hotmail.com and I can send it to you.
Cheers.
 
Mr. Theory - thanks, and I've "linked" you up here.

FF - that darn Heisman guy, it's like he's always 3 steps ahead of me ;-).

PMD - I do say, old chap, fancy meeting up with these same books here! I have sent you and email.
 
Evidently Cheapest wow gold
the most beneficial lines are Twenty-eight...Bd7 28.Re1!, which had been a watch garage door opener hardware. It might have been pleasant in case he incorporated of which tiny extra tad because the textual content shift will not beCheapest Diablo 3 gold better than that range.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?