Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

Andersen

I decided to switch from the McDonald book back to Seirawan's tactics book to review those annotated games. I got through both the "Immortal" and "Evergreen" games, which has inadvertently confirmed what I was struggling with in the last post. These are highly tactical in style, and even with annotations many of the moves are beyond my thought process. I find the opening in the "Immortal" especially unattractive, and Fritz 8 says it is filled with "??"s for both sides. I can follow the tactical conclusion at the end of them a better than the last time I went through them, so that is a "+" for the circles. Still, I am questioning just how useful it is to go through games like this, rather than games that are going to actually be parallel to my opening tendencies and style.

I would be curious if anyone else had some opinions about these two games.
-=-=-=-=-

TCT Results

Circle 1Circle 2Circle 3Circle 4Circle 5Circle 6Circle 7
Step 197%99%99%100%r
Step 293%96%95%97%96%99%100%
Step 393%97%97%96%96%98%99%
Step 480%86%90%92%89%
Step 574%77%83%87%87%*


Comments:
Hey KOTS,

I haven't played through those games in ages. I went through them a couple of times when I fist got the book in the beginning of '05 so it's been about a year. I did enjoy the games at the time but didn't understand much about chess then. I should go through them again now that you mention it.

I think those games were meant to give you a taste of what tactics can do in a game. I don't think they are meant to be used as a study guide like Logical Chess or other game collections. So in my opinion, enjoy the games, and move on. The tests in that book are more important.

PS
 
Good points.
 
No matter how cruel the destiny treats one with tribulation and misfortune, it will
correspondingly treat him with happiness and sweetness. Even if the happiness is short
and false, it's enough to light up the whole future life. Tera Gold
Tera Gold
WOW Items
Cheap Tera Gold
Eden Eternal Gold
 
I've not performed by way of people videoCheapest wow goldgames inside ages. I actually have all of them twice as i fists obtained the ebook at the start associated with 2005 therefore it is also been in regards to a 12 months. I did so experience the video games during the time however decided not to recognize considerably about mentally stimulating games and then. I will go Cheapest Diablo 3 goldthrough these once again now that you bring it up.
 
Your idea coincides with mine.and I think it's better.








------------------------------------
outdoor jackets
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?