Sunday, April 09, 2006

 

Circle 5, Step 4 Complete

I spent some extra time this weekend to get to the end. I am really getting the sense that I will need circle 8 or at least some review on the ~500 problems in this Step.

I want to mention a funny thing I saw on the ICC. I was observing two 2100+ players in a 15/0 game. It was a perpetual draw position that Black (who was behind a pawn) had gotten into, but he left that perpetual to go into another type of perpetual where if his opponent defended wrong, it would turn into checkmate. With 4 minutes left, White got into a "quick move" mode, moved into this other perpetual position with chances, and then failed to see that Black blundered into a mate in 5 and achieved his draw. DOH!

This type of thing is fundamentally something that I never think of; when I am down materially and see a perpetual, I will go for it and offer a draw. At first I thought not heading towards the unambiguous draw would be ungentlemanly, but I now think that it is demanding that your opponent bring his "A" defense to the board.

Ok, it is devious too :-).


-=-=-=-=-

TCT Results

Circle 1Circle 2Circle 3Circle 4Circle 5Circle 6Circle 7
Step 197%99%99%100%r
Step 293%96%95%97%96%99%100%
Step 393%97%97%96%96%98%99%
Step 480%86%90%92%89%
Step 574%77%83%87%


Comments:
Heck, haven't you resigned in a winning position before? I know I have!

PS
 
Good stuff. Can't wait 'til you celebrate the final lap!
 
>>Heck, haven't you resigned in a winning position before? I know I have!

Yikes!

>Can't wait 'til you celebrate the final lap!

Any month now!
 
We invested gw2 goldsome extra period the other day to reach the tip. I am genuinely receiving the impression i always will be needing group of friends 8 or otherwise many assessment on the ~500 issues within Diablo 3 itemsthis Step.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?