Friday, October 21, 2005

 

Whenever

I have a folder named "Needs work" on my computer, and in it lies a multitude of dusty, old PGN and Chessmaster games I played, all waiting patiently for me to look at them. Each one typically has two or three moves marked as "mistake - look at later". If I'm extremely lucky there will be an annotation, but mostly there isn't, the idea here that I need practice calculating from scratch.

For quite awhile I have been saying to myself, "I'll get to those later". Right. Sure I will, um, ...whenever. I realize without some healthy attitude adjustment this will continue indefinitely. It wasn't until listening to Dan Heisman on the ICC that I had even considered adjusting said attitude. He was talking about creating a "Hall of Shame" collection, much like I have been considering, but he stressed that this should only have big mistakes, not under time pressure or from a position that was beyond your level to play accurately. It all clicked. I need a grouping: my beginner mistakes (which is essentially the same as the "Hall of Shame"), my intermediate mistakes (where spending 10-25 minutes would have yielded a better move), and my advanced mistakes (where I aim to get more elements of the total picture).

I'll get to this whenever :-). Perhaps using smaller groups of positions increases there chances of being looked at... seriously... by someone. Ahem.

I have started visiting the tactics chess server at emerald.net. I will make some more posts about it later, right after I have recoved from my excessive-compulsive tactics disorder ;-).


-=-=-=-=-

TCT Results

Circle 1Circle 2Circle 3
Step 197%99%99%
Step 293%96%95%
Step 393%97%97%
Step 480%86%90%
Step 574%

77%

88%*


Comments:
When were you listening to The Bald Idiot?
 
Thursday on Chess.fm - "ASK THE RENAISSANCE MAN" 9:00 ET
 
My hall of shame is allready recorded in the CTS problembase.
 
I think you may be mistaken, the bald idiot is one of Jim's friends, not dan heisman. Of course, you may be calling DH the bald idiot for other reasons, who knows :)
 
Heheheh. I was going to ask the same thing. I was wondering how KOTS knew Jim's friend.

PS
 
Opps. My confusion.
 
Yeah, i think i'm starting to have quite a bad attitude. I'm going to analyse my standard games... "later".. But later never comes :(
 
It is a very nice game silkroad gold, I like sro gold. You can play it silkroad online gold, you can buy the cheap silk road gold. You smart and buy cheap silkroad gold.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?